Sunday, August 14, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

... to the Garland District today, that is. Because today was their annual parade and block event. This year's theme was The Wizard of Oz. There was a parade and contests, like who was the best  Dorothy and Toto, I missed that part of the program. But I thoroughly enjoyed wandering along the yellow brick road that "someone" had painted meandering all over the main street.

There were fun concessions, games and booths, people-watching opportunities galore, munchkins and old farts and everyone in between!

I snapped a bunch of shots, but I'm just tossing two online tonight ... oops, this morning! I need my beauty sleep.

So, here are today's uploads:

August 14, 2011


Who knew I would find a ruby slipper
among the gee-gaws for sale
in front of the thrift shop



No comments:

Post a Comment