Friday, August 12, 2011

Cinder blocks a building make ...

Finished a neckpiece, finally, and went out for a little ride and change of scenery this afternoon. Ran some errands, checked my post office box, washed Hi Ho Silverado. Enjoyed my little roll through the Garland district. Don't know why those few city blocks beckon to me. But it was fun driving through today.

It will be closed off tomorrow for their annual parade and fun nonsense. I think I'll check it out.

One of the old brick buildings there has a rather fresh painting along the wall in the alley. I asked one of the folks about it and was told someone didn't quite make the turn and crashed into the building. I'll have to find out more details, but the building owner, if I understood correctly, decided to have a local artist adorn his reconstructed wall with a painting. I liked how the utility pole lines added a diagonal to the composition, and the cinder blocks also added more geometry.

Because I took a photo of this Garland building, I'm also uploading three other buildings I came across over on Market, which were vacant and falling into disrepair. Again, the repetitive pattern, the strong color fields, and their abandonment appealed to me.

I'm having a devil of a time with faltering camera and unreliable computer. I need to find another computer to see how these images appear on stable equipment. Bear with me as I wing it here, folks!

In any case, today's photographs are all four iPhotos:

August 12, 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment