Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1, 2011 ... Day 182

I love driving through Palisade. I can't quite put my finger on "why," but it is wild and less civilized. Perhaps less developed is a better term. There's room to breathe. Everyone who has even a little acreage has wine grapevines somewhere on their property.

Since I only have about 6 days before I leave to go back to WA, I drove around again this afternoon.

I met a young woman who just started working at the off-the-beaten-path shop for Aloha Organic Fruit. I bought a jar of Peach jam. Contents: organic peaches, organic evaporated cane juice and pectin. The young woman wore a lei, and I caught the Hawaiian shirt clad owner outside unloading the truck. Yup! In Colorado. As I left the shop, I almost wished I had been able to say, "See ya later!" Aloha!

(Steve and Pat Sherer at alohaorganicfruit.com )

While out in Palisade moseying about, I came across a decrepit old barn; made my day!!!!

Here are today's photographs:

July 1, 2011


Aloha Organic Fruit, Palisade CO


Hmmm ... chardonnay? riesling?


Trespassers BEWARE!


Trash Collection IX - Green Composition Shingles


Grand Canal in Palisade, CO


No comments:

Post a Comment