Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crochet is so old-fashioned ...

When my mother was alive and not working in her garden, or reading, she loved to crochet. She created all manner of crocheted items from toy balls for Ginger her dog, Christmas angels, tablecloths, table doilies, edging on towels, afghans for the grandchildren, to slippers, and more. I think all of my siblings and I have something or another than she crocheted.

In culling through my possessions in preparation for my recent move, I came across some of Mom's doilies, and I marveled again at her skill and patience in her hobby. It heightened my awareness of crocheted work that I've recently seen for sale in thrift shops and antique stores.

I've taken one of my photos and have played with different textures and combinations in the editing process.  I took one image and converted it to black and white, and then converted it to a negative image. I like the patterning and the overlapping that occurred.

Mom was an old-fashioned kind of gal, but I think she would have liked it.

July 29, 2011



Negative Image


Positive Image


No comments:

Post a Comment