Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 358 AND the Day Before Christmas ...

Let me tell ya, I will be so glad when the holidays are over. I attempt to put some brakes on the mania, evoke some detachment, maintain some breathing space. Nonetheless, I get swept along with the take no prisoners momentum. My children are grown, although now I'm reluctantly guilt-ridden by not doing something special for my grandchildren who live at a distance. The days leading up to Christmas were fun when my family was young--and I was younger. The holidays still provides enjoyable experiences, but with less emphasis on the gift-giving, perhaps more enjoyment of the memories of traditions past. But, why fight it, eh? It's here, and it's almost over.

About a week ago, I went to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and did a little gallery hopping. Mel and I had lunch at Bonsai Bistro, which had been recommended by one of the gallery owners. I loved the shadows cast by the condiments, and was equally attracted to the angles and lines of the ceiling and lighting at the Spirit Gallery. The artwork there was well-executed, thoughtful, and provocative, so much of my attention was on the artwork. But then I looked up and started taking photographs.

Feast for the palate and feast for my eye!









Edited with an effect filter


No comments:

Post a Comment