Thursday, September 26, 2013

Painting Day 25

The painting challenge remains in place to try new methods and directions, but at this morning's meeting I committed to showing some paintings with the River Ridge Association of Fine Arts group, so I'm painting on a larger scale in hopes of having something to exhibit. Obviously this new wrinkle will influence what I choose to paint only because I would like to put together about 5-10 works that share a commonality, but I hope not too much influence.

I want to maintain the playful, exploratory nature of the challenge. Time will tell if I succeed in that endeavor. However, because today was rainy and cold--Fall is knockin' at the door--I decided to try painting autumn leaves.

The photograph is of a work in progress. I've not worked out all the angles of the composition just yet. Working in a larger scale in the same amount of time has been interesting. I got further along today than I anticipated. Huzzah! BUT, the painting is not finished.

Work in progress for September 25 is acrylic on 11" x 14" canvas board:


No comments:

Post a Comment