Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Du Jour 11 ... in an equine frame of mind, so it seems

I've been running around like a chickie with her head cut off today, busy, productive. BUT, it dawned on me about an hour ago that I hadn't a du jour painting. I was tired, but I didn't want to break the challenge. It becomes easier to break it again, and then again.

I saw I still had Shiva stuff lying around. Grabbed what was at hand and set to.What to paint? What to paint isn't really the most important factor in this challenge. Discipline, developing a productive habit with which to continue is more to the point. I saw the acrylic I did yesterday with the Japanese horses ...

Yup! A horse, of course. It actually came off looking too much like a horse, I wanted more movement of legs, muscle mass. Didn't know what to do about background, which I didn't want to be "background."

I'm tired, I painted, task completed. Not satisfied with artwork, but am very satisfied I pushed myself so as to comply with a painting a day.



Below is a pile of photo cards I'm getting ready to ship to Redlands, CA tomorrow so they can go into the new show at Redlands Art Association. I have two matted and framed photographs and a framed oil stik painting that will be submitted for acceptance, as well. Feels GOOD!


The RAA Show "Redlands Celebration" will run from September 20 - October 18, 2013. If you're in Redlands, CA area, and you haven't been before, I encourage you to drop into this community art association sales gallery and classrooms. They sponsor a good many art classes and workshops for children and adults. This coming week, Ann Bingham Freeman (sculptress, painter, mixed media artist and instructor) will be facilitating a workshop to make an art book, if memory serves me correctly. This artist breathes creativity and much insight is to be gained from her teaching. I wish I could attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment