Monday, September 16, 2013

Painting Challenge, Day 16



I've a little quirk--well, among many--in that when I doodle, I doodle in threes; three little hash marks, brush strokes, lines. And they normally happen in clusters at angles to another cluster of three. Don't remember when I started doing this, it's been that long in the doing.

However, I've never done a painting of the marks ... before today.  This is solely acrylic medium on stretched canvas. I can see some areas I want to go back in and adjust, but the challenge is met. I enjoyed using a very dry brush to achieve the almost air brushed areas. I originally had three hues: Naptha Red, Burnt Sienna and Titanium White. But it seemed flat, so I added areas of Cadmium Yellow Medium and a Turquoise. It's getting there.



No comments:

Post a Comment