Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Du Jour 4




Yesterday I enjoyed playing with the circles in yellow, but in today's exercise painting, I went a little further with drawn lines into the oil medium. It seems contrived, but I like all the squiggly lines. Perhaps I can play more with them so they appear more organic and less deliberate, if you know what I mean.

I'm feel a bit constrained working within this small 5" x 7" format, but I think it's a good discipline lesson. I'll stay with it for the time being.

As I worked in the colors and the ovals, I was reminded of the work of Gill Daft, an acrylic painter in Redlands, CA. At one time I collected a number of his large acrylic paintings. Many of his paintings incorporated large ovals, bright colors. I haven't thought about his work in many a year. Nice to think of him again.


If not familiar with my Etsy store with my original photographic images, I suggest you check out www.kweststudio8.etsy.com. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment