Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Playing Around ... Again

I took a photograph of some pine cones that had fallen onto a boulder someone had painted pink. Go figure. Anyway, I liked the grouping of the pine cones and the pine needles as they fell across the boulder. I even liked the peculiarity of the pink boulder.

However, all I had with me was my iPhone camera. Of course I shot the subject matter, but in the woods I was hiking and I had Suki with me, so the shot was taken on the fly.

I got back to my computer and uploaded the iPhoto, cropped it to eliminate some distracting light spots. Alas, in cropping the image I had to deal with pixelation.  We're not talking masterpiece here, folks. We're talking lets have some fun with this image. I still liked the composition and subject. So, I threw on a Crisscross Simple effect, which maintained the repetition detail of the pine cones but altered the pixelation.

No masterpiece, but a heck of a lot of fun was had today!

September 20, 2011 (Oh, did I mention today is my birthday? Woo Hoo!)


Pine Cones Pink Boulder
Crisscross Simple Effect Filter


Pine Cones Pink Boulder
iPhoto cropped without effect application


No comments:

Post a Comment