Monday, September 19, 2011

Plank by Plank ...

My brother-in-law, Steve, built his back deck a number of years ago. As with anything, it requires regular maintenance and upkeep. Steve and my sister have been sanding and resealing their wood deck ... one plank at a time. They need to wait until the weather forecast is for drier days in order to apply the second coat. It looks great.

I'm trying to construct a new life here in Spokane, one plank at a time, so to speak. Some days I don't seem to have a sufficient number of nails, other days I can't find the right wood, and yet other days I misplace my hammer. One does the best that can be done within one's circumstances. I don't know yet what color it will end up. All in good time.

So, it seems appropriate that today's photograph would be some old planks leaning up against a wall.

September 18, 2011



A Couple

I thought I would be writing about a different topic and photographs, spent all evening putting it together and then when it came right down to typing, this totally different blog entry just forced its way onto the blog. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment