Saturday, April 23, 2011

And Now, Today's Photographic Upload

I took this shot of sun-kissed pink tulips this morning. It was in a modest garden, but I was reminded of the annual display of literally thousands of daffodils, hyacinths, and tulips up along mountain path garden in Running Springs, CA. I think Dale Bauer no longer opens their mountainside garden to the public, but I was fortunate to see it on a number of occasions. Hmmm, where do I have those photographs? I seem to remember that they planted about a million bulbs over a span of 50 years. A terrible forest fire almost completely destroyed that area and they lost their cabin home, but a lot of the bulbs came up again in the spring. Awesome!

The sun is shining. People are walking and cycling around the Bay. It's a beautiful Day 83!

04-23-2011



No comments:

Post a Comment