Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 81 and original paintings added

What a beautiful day it was outside! I didn't get to enjoy it too much because of all this stupid packing. I hate moving! But it has to be done.

Anyway, I did take a break and went to photograph the plum blossoms that are starting to burst open. The street leading to the community where I am living (just for another 8 days) is lined on either side with plum trees. They are stunning in full blossom. But once I got the images home and started playing with them--on my break--the chain link fence in the background was too strong. So, I've used a watercolor effect filter and I like them. I thought perhaps I would do a grouping of 4 images to a set of blank cards. What do you think?

While on that extended break, I uploaded two acrylic paintings to http://www.kweststudio8.etsy.com/ and am looking forward to seeing what response I get. Will the paintings be used in as many Etsy treasuries as are the photographs? Time will tell.

In any case, here are the plum blossoms.

03-22-2011




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos of beautiful blossoms! And I'm sure your paintings will be in as many treasuries as the photos have been.

    ReplyDelete