Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 80 of 365

It was raining this morning, but the sun is trying to shine through at almost 5:00 p.m. I love that it is staying light longer! It makes for a huge psychological boost, and I need all the psychological boosts I can get. As I drove to the office I noticed that the plums lining the road are in bloom. I'll stop tomorrow and take some shots before they all burst open. I really do love the new growth of spring!

The subject of today's photograph has nothing to do with daylight or dark, nor does it have anything to do with the season. It's just an onion, an onion that has been cut into, at that. I enjoyed the straight angles of the dish on the diagonal, versus the roundness of the onion, the curved lines in the onion, and its frayed top. The image is a little dark, but I favor that, as well.

This is a sweet-tasting onion. I look forward to chopping it up some more and adding it to whatever I decide to cook for dinner tonight. Hmmm, what am I going to cook for dinner tonight? Something with chopped onions, to be sure!

Sometimes the simple things are the most enjoyable.


03-21-2011


Slated Onion


1 comment:

  1. I love this one, Kay. The simplicity, the lines. It sings. I don't know how else to explain it.

    And ... Day 80? Has it really been that long already? Wow!

    ReplyDelete