Sunday, February 27, 2011

365 ... four versions

The rain let up long enough for me to take this photograph, before it started falling again. I was happy it melted all the snow. I took this quick shot of the beach across the street from the office.

I love to play around with editing and have a very rudimentary photo editing program I often fall back on using because I don't take the time to learn how to easily work with my Photo Elements software.

In any case. I was curious how different effect filters would alter the appearance of my photograph; interesting results. Two of the filters, Dry Brush and Watercolor, give the photograph a distinctly painterly interpretation.

I want to emphasize that I do not demean or lessen the skill involved in an artist doing an actual dry brush or watercolor painting. It is no easy talent to master. However, I enjoy seeing how my own photograph changes with the application of these effect filters.

02-27-2011



Sand and Cobble (Watercolor effect filter)


Sand and Cobble (unedited photograph)


Sand and Cobble (Film Grain effect filter)


Sand and Cobble (Dry Brush effect filter)


No comments:

Post a Comment