Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A very productive day ...

I finally sewed on all of the buttons on my sweater. What? Not very productive. Well, let me tell you. I finished a task I had started! I finished it! For me that is very productive. Oh, and I took the Christmas decoration boxes that Mel had neatly packed, and I put them in my storage unit; another something finished! I made my bed this morning; done! I fixed breakfast and coffee; done! I took a shipment to the post office; done! I returned a bottle of real vanilla extract--not just any phony faux vanilla, but real vanilla extract, and got my money back; done! I returned it because I had overlooked another bottle of the same in the pantry. Oh well. I could go on and on; it was a productive day.

However, I'm still vacillating on another creative photograph challenge. Like Noah Scanlin and his project back in 2008 to make a skull out of anything he could find, every day for a year, I could do the same with elephants. I don't collect elephants, so please don't send me any elephant gifts! But, I have snapped a shot or two of elephant objects.  Do I really want to do elephants?



Back in Birch Bay I could easily have taken a daily sunset photograph each and every day; beautiful, amazing sunsets.

I've shot literally hundreds of photographs of cabochons, beads, jewelry, and shells for inventory shots for my two other Etsy stores: West As the Crow Flies and Birch Bay Kay. So, that's not really a creative challenge.

I don't normally take photographs of people. I'm too slow, I usually get a shot with their eyes closed or some screwy expression on their face. But it would be a challenge. Speaking of people, I did take a photograph of this tie dye damsel I met at a recent arts and crafts show. With all those vibrant colors, how could I resist? Even her folding chair repair was colorful.


I'll come up with something.

In the meantime, let the productivity continue unabated!

No comments:

Post a Comment