Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 of 2012 ...

I was just catching up with my Etsy shop http://www.kweststudio8.etsy.com/, which had fallen in arrears what with keeping up with two other Etsy shops.

While going through convos (Etsy email), I found my photograph of violins had been featured in a very special Etsy Treasury:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/NjQ4MzU5OXwxNjY0ODQ4NzI0/an-eclectic-scrapbook

As it mentions, the title of the treasury is An Eclectic Scrapbook. The special part come into play in that it is a scrapbook of sorts of about 12 items about Spokane, WA ... AND MY PHOTO WAS INCLUDED!

I think this is probably one of the first times in the six months I've lived here that I felt a denizen of Spokane. It had a much greater emotional impact than I would have ever guessed.

The photograph featured was of the violins I shot at Violin Works on Garland Avenue, Spokane, WA. Garland is one of my favorite streets. There was another item that showed Mary Lou's Milk Bottle, also on Garland, just down from Violin Works. The Milk Bottle was damaged in a fire, but with community support the little restaurant is being rebuilt and should be open for business in April!

Me! A Spokanite! I belong! If I knew how, I'd play m'fiddle and dance a jig!


1 comment:

  1. You've blessed my socks off by letting me know that in such a small way, I blessed you with such a simple collection! I really love your violin photo! And when I was a girl, it was a special treat to attend the Garland theater. I can still remember being frightened by Malificent in Sleeping Beauty there. LOL!

    ReplyDelete