Monday, November 7, 2011

A Seasonal Shift ...

The days, and nights, here in Spokane are frosty. It's a seasonal shift from sweaters and sweat jackets and sandals, to gloves, hat, heavier overcoat, boots. I'm NOT ready for this transition to winter in northeastern Washington! 

I have a friend languishing on the beach this week in Hawaii, soaking up sunshine. I can almost feel the warmth of the tropical breezes, the sand almost too hot to walk on, the sound of the wind in the palm fronds, the splashy colored tropical blossoms, with their incredible fragrance. C'est la vie.

But there are still some flowers in Spokane not totally frozen, and some foliage that warrants attention. The two images tonight were taken with an iPhone, but I've applied effect filters to them. They'll do for Day 311 of Project 365. Wow! Only 54 days left to this project. I think I've included well over the amount, I'll have to double check.

But here are today's photographs:



Marigolds out at the garden shop
at the community college
Dry Brush effect


Ginkgo Leaves on a pebble walkway
Ink Outline effect


No comments:

Post a Comment