Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Losing Steam?

Here it is Day 334 of Project 365. I can't lose steam now! I'm almost pulling into the station!

Alas, my annual autumnal debilitating headcold, Thanksgiving, and family concerns temporarily put the brakes on my blogging, but the taking of photographs didn't cease!

The days have lost their brightness, and everything is brittle and cold. I know it will become colder still here, but I hesitate before I venture outside these days. What a wimp, I am. I'm always happy once I'm OUT, but I have to fight that first sting of cold air in my face when I do overcome my inner wimp.

When I ventured forth last Saturday, I had joined Barb Caraway in checking out the A Little West of Spokane Artists' Studio Tour, in Cheney and Medicine Lake. There were nine artists in about seven different locations. Barb drove, so it was fun to be able to look around at that unfamiliar area.

The studios and their respective artists were interesting, but I was itching to photograph something. I wasn't finding inspiration. Until we went back to Barb's place and I got into my truck. I had seen some landscape that was calling me back to explore a little more fully. So, I drove back through the fields and hills.

It was that time of the afternoon when I knew the sun had done its best and was fading rapidly.

I drove through the booming metropolis of Cheney (NOT), but nothing grabbed me by the ... well, grabbed my attention. Until I drove by the huge silos at ADM Milling. There wasn't anyone around, so I pulled in next to the buildings and started taking photographs.

I was taken with the repetitive patterns in the red caged ladders, the windows--some closed, some open, the shapes, the long lines of the silos. I has a happy girl; clickety-clicking all over the place! I really can't settle on which one I like the best, so I'm uploading the best(s).

I need to invest in hand warmers, though ... b-r-r-r-r-r  All in all, it turned out to be a satisfying day! I ought to venture out again, don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment