Wednesday, June 13, 2012

An Old Dawg Tryin' a New Trick ...

I've often thought a solid background was best for photographs of my jewelry. In a more formal situation, that may still be the case, but I was bored with white today when shooting photos of some new earrings. I've admired those jewelers who use intriguing backgrounds as a complement for their jewelry. Some are overwhelming, but some get it just right. I'm not much of a weaver of enchanting stories about my jewelry. I'm a fairly simple woman. I like seeing it successfully done by others, but don't seem to have the knack.

However, I thought I would photograph the earrings against an art quilt I purchased from Cindy Rinne a goodly number of years ago. It's entitled "Fire" and is dated 1996. I love the quilt, so took it down from my wall and photographed my earrings on it.




I think the photographs turned out quite nicely. The earrings have been uploaded to www.birchbaykay.etsy.com, and if you want to see more of Cindy Rinne's fabulous art quilts, please go to http://fiberverse.com.

She often incorporates her poetry into her quilts. As she terms her art, "Nature's edges in stitch and verse." You'll be glad you take the time to check out her work. She's also on Facebook, for the latest in places where she's performing her poetry or exhibiting her "stitches." My apology to Cindy that her quilt isn't better photographed here, but I wanted to share with you the whole.

Fire 1996
by Cindy Rinne

1 comment:

  1. The geometric design of these earrings is perfect for a printed back drop. Not too overwhelming, but it makes the earrings Pop. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete