Wednesday, August 28, 2013




My, oh my, oh my! Just LOOK at how long it's been since I've uploaded anything. Shame on me. Consistency is the name of the game, and I don't seem to be playing well. Will I try to do better? The heart is willing ...

However, in this interval of time I have continued to (click) (click) (click) at every opportunity!

Most recently, I returned from a quick road trip to California. There were several reasons for the trip--like I really needed a reason to hit the road--but the primary impetus was my sister, Melba. She initially made the suggestion and offered to underwrite the journey, so who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth? (That didn't come off as I truly meant it. My sis doesn't in the least resemble a horse!)

So, we made plans. I bought extra media cards for all of the photos I knew I was likely to snap. (God! I love digital cameras and not having to lug around rolls of film!)

The day came and off we went!

Enroute we determined a few ground rules needed establishing. I wanted to stop EVERYWHERE and shoot photographs. This doesn't make for rapid progress. Mel is not a photographer, and it was essentially her trip. So, we did not stop at every visually enticing scene or object, frustrating as when would I ever be there/see that ever again? In fact, we didn't stop nearly often enough, but there were people awaiting us in CA and a trip schedule to adhere to. Alas, I complied.

I think the absolute BEST gift from this sojourn was that I came back refreshed, invigorated, inspired, enthusiastic, PUMPED!

Now I have to sort through all the shots I took and keep the best and eliminate the rest. Even though that will involve a lot of computer work, I will MAKE time to get away from the computer and SEE with my revitalized eyes and (click) (click) (click)




No comments:

Post a Comment